Last updated: July 2022
General Data Protection Regulation Representative
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation in the European Union, we have appointed the following entity as our legal representative:
Data Protection & Privacy Team
RLG EUROPE B.V.
Information you provide to us and how we use it
We collect the information from you as detailed below:
- We will collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our services), when you provide your details when you visit a TIMEVALLÉE or contact TIMEVALLÉE online. Please note that phone calls will be recorded for security, training and development purposes;
- If you choose to interact with or follow TIMEVALLÉE via a social media platform or other third party service provider platforms (including WeChat), we will collect the information you have provided to us through that third party platform (including your profile photo, nick name, area, chat history and other information authorised on the prompt page);
- We will collect information about your approximate location to the extent that we provide any location services, described in the section headed “Location information” below; and
- Besides through third-party digital platforms including WeChat, we also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed "Cookies and other information that we automatically collect", below.
We will use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- Manage and respond to your enquiries, service and appointment requests with us or our operators and boutiques and to provide services;
- Manage our accounts and records;
- Deal with your enquiries and requests;
- Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- Based on your information (such as your purchase history, your previous interaction with us, favourite products records, browsing records, search records, interaction records (such as comments/sharing/likes), device information, gender, age and residing cities and areas) conduct direct or indirect profiling of you and identify the services that may be interest to you. Where we use your personal information for automated decision making, we will ensure transparency in our decision making and fair and unbiased results;
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails, SMS, MMS, instant messaging and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis or authorisation to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- Conduct direct and/or indirect user profiling for the purposes of improving the services we provide to our customers and, where we are permitted to do so in accordance with applicable laws or we have obtained your consent to do so, send you marketing information on our products and services which may be of interest to you (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- Recommend a TIMEVALLÉE boutique nearby to you; and
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- Understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and services and other offerings.
Where you have agreed to a particular use of your information, we process it on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw that consent at any time (for example, for us to send you marketing communications) by contacting us (see the section headed “Contact us” below). We also process your information where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests of operating, protecting and improving our business.
Cookies and other information that we automatically collect
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to recognise your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by TIMEVALLÉE to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by TIMEVALLÉE to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Platform.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third party service provider on our Platform, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. TIMEVALLÉE uses both 'session cookies' and ‘permanent cookies’. Session cookies exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Permanent cookies survive after your browser is closed, and can be used to recognise your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
What cookies does TIMEVALLÉE use?
The Platform serves only the following types of cookies to your computer or mobile device:
Type of Cookie
Cookies necessary for essential purposes
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through this Platform and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
These cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance and functionality of this Platform. Their overall purpose, however, is to enhance visitors’ experience and enjoyment of this Platform.
For example, some of these cookies enable visitors to specify language, product or other platform preferences.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Platform.
The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our Platform, the platforms that referred them to our Platform and the pages that they visited on our Platform.
We use this information to help run our Platform more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Platform.
Further detailed information about the specific cookies used on this Platform and the third parties who serve them can be found in our cookie consent tool. You can use this cookie consent tool to control your cookie preferences.
How to control or delete cookies
You can set your cookie preferences by using our cookie consent tool or by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this Platform cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility).
For individuals in Europe: Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We will collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log-in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platform and for internal reporting purposes. We will anonymise and share this information with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
The Platforms may use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third party platforms after you leave our Platforms, and we use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Platforms and viewing of ads and of our content. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which are based on your visits to the Platforms and other apps and sites you have visited. Third party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services that you might be interested in.
You have choices in respect of the delivery of ads. You can opt-out of receiving certain types of behavioural ads by visiting the third party websites described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies” above. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
Sharing your information
We do not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- With our retailers and operators when you request certain services and / or appointments (e.g. boutique appointments in store)
- we will disclose your personal information to third party providers for the purposes of providing online services, fraud prevention, and any other services required in order for us to use your information for the purposes specified in the section entitled “Information you provide us and how we use it”;
- we will disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
For Europe only: We have implemented standard contractual clauses to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your information where it is transferred to our affiliated companies and boutiques in territories outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland. Where we share your information with a third party service provider outside of the European Economic Area and Switzerland (as detailed in the section entitled “Sharing your information”), we contractually oblige the third party service provider to implement adequate safeguards to protect your information.
Protecting your information
We want you to feel confident about using our Platform, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. However, where we ask you to choose a password in order to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for selecting a secure password and keeping that password confidential. You should choose a password which you do not use on any other site, and you should not share it with anyone else.
Retaining your information
We keep your information for only as long as is necessary for our purposes, and in particular to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim (for example, information relating to a contract with you will be kept for the lifetime of the contract and up to ten years after). After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. Where we sought your consent to process your personal information and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent we will delete your personal information.
If you request that we no longer send you direct marketing communications, we will keep a record of your request and contact details to ensure that your request is respected.
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. In some circumstances, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal information or a restriction of its use.
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information in some cases. In particular, you can ask us to stop sending you direct marketing communications at any time (however please note that we may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at the address listed below.
You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing the address below in the section headed “Contact us” or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any TIMEVALLÉE marketing e-mails.
For Individuals in Europe only: If you have a concern about how we use your information, as a first step please contact us using the details set out below and we will do our best to resolve your concern. After investigating your concern, we will respond to you in writing within a reasonable time setting out our proposed remedial action. If you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights you also have the right to complain to a European Data Protection Authority in your place of residence or work, or the jurisdiction in which the processing took place.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section applies solely to the personal information collected online and offline of California consumers (excluding our employees, applicants, staff and contractors). This section is intended to address the relevant notice requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), and uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the CCPA.
- Your information, sources and purposes: Please refer to the sections above headed “Information you provide to us and how we use it” and “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect” for a description of the personal information we may collect about you (or have collected in the preceding 12 months) and the sources of such information (such as directly from you and your device or through certain third parties). These sections also describe the purposes for which we may use or have used such information.
- Sharing your information: We may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described in the section headed “Sharing your information” above.
- Selling your information: We have not sold personal information in exchange for monetary compensation. As described in the sections headed “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect” and “About Advertising”, we may allow certain third parties (such as certain advertising partners) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our Platforms in an effort to serve you content and advertisements that may be of interest to you. You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information, as described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies.”
- Your rights: Subject to exceptions under applicable law, you may have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, as described below:
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months and details regarding our collection, use, disclosure and sale, if any, of such information.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt out of certain cookie use, as described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies.”
To exercise your rights, please contact us as described in the section headed “Contact Us” below. If you exercise your rights, we may require you to provide certain information to verify your identity (such as your name, email address, phone number and/or address) or the authority of any third person acting on your behalf.
- No discrimination: If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. This section is available in alternative formats upon request by contacting us as described in the section headed “Contact Us” below.
- Personal, family and household clients: In addition, under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail message to our e-mail address below with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide you, by e-mail, a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by Section 1798.83’s requirements.
The Platform is not directed at anyone who we know to be under the age of 13, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should not use the Platform and should not submit any personal information to us.